Greetings RBS members and guests
"Third Thursdays" are back on the schedule. They will run from 5:15 to 6:45.
- April 15th ~ Bighorn Tavern, 1325 West 7th Street ~ 787-1177
- May 20th ~ Great Basin on Victorian Avenue in Sparks ~ 355-7711
- June 17th ~ Silver Peak Brewery, 135 N. Sierra Street ~ 281-3300
- July 15th ~ Mamma Celeste’s Gastropub, 360 Los Altos Parkway in Sparks ~ 626-0200
- August 19th ~ Archie’s 2195 North Virginia ~ 322-9595)
- September 16th ~ Pub ‘n Sub, 1000 N. Ralston ~ 322-8540
- October 21st ~ Engine 8 Urban Winery, 1260 Avenue of the Oaks (just off Victorian) in Sparks ~ 277-6304
First one there, save a table for us. I'll try to call ahead a reserve a table or two for Reno Blues Society and if they don't take an organization's name, it will be under Jamie. See you there.
Jamie Klund - President of Reno Blues Society
Keepin’ the blues alive in Northern Nevada
The Reno BLUES Society is a good source for information on great blues music in the Reno / Carson City / Lake Tahoe area.
If you're not an RBS member, join now by clicking on the "Join RBS" tab below. Once you're an RBS member you'll always have your finger on the pulse of all the blues you can use!!
RBS Offering Music Scholarships
The Reno Blues Society is now accepting applications for music students (voice or instrument) based on need. The scholarships will be $500 each and we plan to award three or four each year, depending on fundraising success and number of applicants.
We previously reached out to the music teachers at the Washoe County School District high schools and we are now opening this up to the general public. The brief nomination process is outlined below. Once this program is up and running we will accounce the deadline.
- Include name of student, year in school, and the reason he or she needs the music scholarship. (A few paragraphs are fine. We don't need a long essay on this).
- Student should be economically disadvantaged so that the scholarship would allow him or her to buy an instrument he/she is now renting or borrowing or pursue some private lessons.
- Student has demonstrated a real interest and talent in music, ideally blues, jazz or rock but not limited to those genres.
- Name, email and phone number of music teacher making the nomination.
- Include all this information for each student nominated, up to three nominees per high school.
- Send nominations with all requested information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student(s) awarded the grant and nominating teacher agree to be present at a future Reno Blues Society Dance (tbd) for a brief awards' ceremony.
Membership in the Reno Blues Society
We would love to have you join RBS! Members are entitled to a monthly newsletter and discounted tickets to all RBS events.
Our Board of Directors
Membership & RetailPam Farmer - email@example.com
Silent AuctionsJudi Epstein - firstname.lastname@example.org
Newsletter Editor and Ad PlacementJamie Klund - email@example.com
Band ProcurementDennis Ratto - firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer CoordinatorRandy Napolitano - email@example.com
WebmasterBruce Titus - firstname.lastname@example.org
RBS owes so much to our great sponsors!
The Wednesday Peavine Taphouse schedule is suspended because of the Coronavirus. Stay home ... stay safe!